There are a multitude of stairlifts available in the marketplace today, so how do you know you are getting the best “bang for your buck”? I believe when purchasing a stairlift you must consider two factors.
1. The stairway lift product itself
2. The elevator and lift company supplying and supporting the stair chair sale
Deciding on the product itself is probably the most difficult, simply due to the vast number of stairlift suppliers selling into the Calgary marketplace. I have personally installed and sold 5 different stairlifts over the years including:
- Acorn Stairlifts
- Stannah stair chairs
- TK Access stairlifts
- Pinnacle stairlifts
- Bruno Stairlift
The one consistent over these years, however, is that I have always come back to Bruno Stairlifts. My professional belief is that Bruno produces the highest quality lift and backs it up with an industry-leading warranty. With Bruno stairlifts, we have, minimal warranty issues, a great looking product, and can offer this stairway lift at an exceptional price. I encourage clients to go online and read customer reviews and do their homework.
Stairlift installation and service companies
Once you have decided on the actual stairlift product the next big choice is who will install and service the device. This is where a free home assessment is valuable. Once you get face to face with your potential stair chair supplier ask them:
1. What if I need after-hours service on my stairlift?
2. If I need service, do I have to call a 1-800 number?
3. Do you have experienced stairlift installers who live here?
4. What labour warranty is offered on my stair chair?
5. How many staff do you have devoted to lifts?
6. Do you deal exclusively with elevators + lifts, or are your recourses diverted elsewhere?
I believe the purchase of a stairlift is not a “one-off” transaction where you never hear from the seller again. Inevitably you will require preventative maintenance, or perhaps a service call, so you want to ensure that your stairlift provider is there for you. By doing your homework, reading reviews, and dealing with a local stairlift supplier you can ensure you will make the right choice when selecting a stairlift.